Monday, October 26, 2009

Seattle Sure is Swell

So the longer I live here in Seattle, the more I like it. The funny thing is, when I say "Seattle" I'm almost always referring to Wallingford, my neighborhood. I can do pretty much anything I want here, and it's all within walking distance -- not only that, the longer I live here, the more swell stuff I find. The power of Seattle's neighborhoods is rather impressive -- each little piece of this city has its own identity, and provides most necessary services to its residents. The list of neighborhoods is long.

Here's that I found today -- the headquarters for Seattle Tilth. It's roughly five blocks from my house, and they have a humongous demonstration garden!

Also, check these blogs out for info about goings on that are spesific to Wallingford, or GreenLake (seeing as how I can claim I belong to either).

7 comments:

Eli said...

Those Wallingford and Greenlake blogs won't last long if Matt has any say about it.

Perhaps a Parrot said...

I know. I didn't want to say that, but I know it's true.
-S

Wallyhood said...

Why, who's Matt?

Anonymous said...

@Wallyhood - here's your answer:
http://wallingford.komonews.com/

MyGreenLake.com said...

Oh, Matt Schmatt.

Wallyhood said...

Oh, that. Well, KOMO has a lot going for it, so as soon as they get started, I'm sure they'll have some interesting stories going up.

Perhaps a Parrot said...

Yes, it's true. Matt works for KOMO, and they're making blogs to compete with yours. Fear not, I'll keep reading Wallyhood and MyGreenlake guys!