Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Is This Cool?

So I'm going to try something new here. It's a game called "Is This Cool?" It goes like this: I post something on my blog, and you tell me if it's cool or not. As you may or may not know, Google Images has a feature where you can paste an image into the search bar, and it will find images similar to the one you pasted. Well what if you did that, but then fed the top result back into the search bar? And then fed the result of that search back into search bar? And then repeated the process 3,000 times? Well that's what somebody did, and then compiled the results into the following video. It's kind of like watching a Google try to piece together the history of the universe, using only the images on the internet as a guide. So you tell me: Is This Cool?


Search by Image, Recursively, Transparent PNG, #1 from kingcosmonaut3000 on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not

Mandel said...

sort of cool, too long though, which isn't cool, this is 2012, my attention span is 20 seconds.

Nancy said...

Cool, I really liked some of the transitions. You have to wonder what made the picture jump from one subject to the next.