Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hitting the Mark

It's Saturday. It's mid-January. It's sunny and cold in Boise, but apparently there's a huge nasty storm on its way here as we speak. It's going to blanket the region in snow, and put an end to this delightfully dry winter we've been having. Good for the skiers. Bad for me. I've logged my fair share of trainer miles, but mark my words: if it's possibly to ride a bike outdoors, I will ride outdoors. So bring it on Boise storm -- I'm ready.

However, in preparation, I've thrown together some stuff for you to do, in case the power is down for days. 

THING 1: READ HARRISON'S BLOG
My friend Harrison Berry is a wordsmith extraordinaire. He can use words like "crestfallen" without batting an eyelash. He can be sarcastic, witty, and hilarious -- and often all three at the same time. Read his account of discovering that his favorite burger joint has *gasp* raised its prices dramatically since his gold leaf coated youth. 

THING 2: SEE HOW TINY WE ARE (AGAIN)
I know I just posted some similar videos, but I can't stress this enough: THE UNIVERSE IS CRAZY! You can fit 1,000,000 planet earths inside our sun, and you can fit a staggering 1,000,000,000 suns inside the giant monster shown in this video: 



THING 3: CELEBRATE MY NEW JOB AT TRADEMARK SIGN COMPANY
It's true, I started working/interning at one of Boise's most reputable design companies last week. I'm just learning the ropes for now, but gosh is it cool. Here's a little about Trademark (and please note: this isn't official a Trademark Sign Company description - the company is in the process of redoing their website, and I wrote this as a potential contribution):
Trademark Sign Company is where passion for design excellence is paired with vast technical expertise. We design and construct our work under the same roof. By taking responsibility for every step of the process, from concept to completion, we are able to bring our visions to life with exacting clarity, while keeping things affordable and efficient. We can design and deliver the signs or environmental features your business needs to stand out, and do so with the style and quality you've come to expect from Trademark. 

THING 4: GET READY FOR THE FORT!!!!

The TreeFort Music Fest is coming to Boise! This is going to be the biggest music event to hit the Treasure Valley all year. My good friend Drew is instrumental in the production of this festival, and I'm thrilled to see it off to such a good start. It is conveniently timed to be right after the South By Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. A good chunk of the SXSW bands will make the trek up to Idaho and perform for us in the lovely city of trees. Check it out, and buy your tickets now. 

No comments: