Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Nature Valley Wrap Up.

NOTICE: THE FOLLOWING POST FAILED TO MEET THE GLIDER BISON BLOG'S QUALITY CONTROL STANDARDS. THE STAFF AT GLIDER BISON ASKS YOUR FORGIVENESS. REST ASSURED, WE ARE WORKING HARD TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.


Well it's over folks. That's all. The Nature Valley Grand Prix is now officially in the books. I could tell you everything that happened in the races....but that would be a waste of my time. That's what cyclingnews and velonews are for. I will tell you that much like the queen stage of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic, I was very aggressive early in the race, and ended up making both of the substantial breakaways of the race. Unlike the queen stage of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic, however, this I got my name in print, and a nice picture for doing so, and I also feathered my effort enough that I didn't get dropped.
See? I'm learning.
I did pay for my efforts eventually, finally getting dropped on the finishing circuits, but I made it to the finish goddamit! And what did I have waiting for me after I finished? Another one of these.

Today's race was awesome. The final stage of the NVGP is a pretty epic -- STILLWATER!!!!!!!STILLWATER!!!!!STILLWATER!!!!
So there was a great crowd, and it was an epic race, and a it was pretty hot out (enough that our cleats were squishing into the asphalt on the start line), and the hill was like 24%, and I got dropped REALLY quick and got to take pictures of the finish (and the crowd), and man it was brutal, and holy shit there were a lot of people there!, and OH MAN it was brutal, and those BMX guys are completely nuts -- I know some people might think that about us -- but those guys are actually nuts, and I just rode until I got pulled. DANG DANG DANG.









No comments: