Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

B-E Aggressive

There is very little energy left for me this day.
Day 6 of stage race tomorrow.
Feels like it.

We all suffered today. Except perhaps Michael Creed.
My suffering on the slopes of that glacier-capped volcano was neither unusual, nor spectacular, nor extraordinary.
I suffered like a normal cyclist suffers on a long road stage with a hill-top finish. I did what I could, and got dropped, and barely cracked the top twenty on the stage.

But I hung on to fifth overall. By the skin of my teeth. Which is good for me -- I'll take fifth. If, and this is a big if, if I can keep it tomorrow in the crit. There are a dozen guys within striking distance of my spot. I aim to keep it that way.

But my team -- wow my team! Has anyone taken a peek at Team GC? If not, check this out:

Our sponsors, Hagens Berman LLP should be very pleased. Their ponies are winning.

No comments: