Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

PIMP MY RIDE: River Front TT Course

What's up everyone -- this is Xzibit and I'm here to PIMP YOUR RIDE! Today we're going to help out my friend Sam who wants to ride in the Nature Valley Grand Prix Prologue. As some of you may know, the rules changed at this year's race, banning the use of time trial bikes and certain aerodynamic equipment. So, if my boy Sam wants to go fast on his road bike, he's going to need an aero makeover courtesy of West Coast Customs. Let's get to it -- Sam, are you ready to get your ride PIMPED?!?


I'm going to start off by moving that saddle all the way forward. This will help you to roll those hips forward when you're tucked into an aero position.

Then I'm going to rip out those bottle cages -- you don't need that extra drag!
Next up, I'm going to turn your bike over to my boy Steve at West Coast Customs -- he's going to pimp out your cockpit. Steve:




"WHAT'S UP SAM! You brought your bike in here looking like it was ready for a fat-tire-derby. It's going to leave looking like it's ready for the prologue at the Tour. First up, I'm swapping out your stem -- you need a 140 mm stem on there so you can get LONG and LOW."





"The next thing I'm going to hook you up with is a totally custom ziptie cable harness to keep those cables out of the wind. Check it."
"Next up, your bar tape. You came in here with your tape in tatters after your crashes at Mt. Hood. I'm going to hook you up with some SICK black electrical tape to hold you over until you get some new tape on there." 
"OK Xzibit, that's all I got-- back over to you."



Sick Steve. Nice work. Next up, wheels. I've called in a few favors, and I've gotten you a sweet Cole T85 front wheel to blast you along that course. Scope it out:






Alright, and I've saved the best for last. I found you some SWEET pipe insulation to wrap around your handlebars so you can rest your forearms on there while you're hammering along the flats. Don't have aerobars? This cheap black foam is the next best thing!

Alright Sam, your ride is now officially PIMPED. Now get out there and set that River Front Time Trial course on FIRE! 

3 comments:

vannabo said...

Wow, that was fabulous.

Good luck brobro, I think you are ready to wreak havock on that pavement.

Jamie Sparling said...

best blog ever

Mariam said...

Has anything ever bothered you in life? Do you
have any problem you need to solve? A pending
court case you want to resolve in your favor?
Health, relationship and finance. Welcome to
the world of miracles and wonders, there are
supernatural treasure and power to liberate
mankind from all afflictions. Why cant you live a
life of your dream? Why must you work so hard
and yet earn so little? Why cant you be happy
with the one you love and desire or why cant the
one you love reciprocate and appreciate that
love? Why would the doctor tell you there is no
solution or cure to your problems? Why would
your lawyer say you stand no chance, that your
case is hopeless? Have you been cheated by
anyone or those owing you money refuse to pay
back? Do you need a rapid job promotion in
your place of work? You want to venture into
politics? Now I understand certain things are
hard to believe and comprehend, but all I ask
from you is only 3 days and if you will follow my
instructions and use the items you will receive, I
promise your life will never be the same
again.If you find no relevance in the help I offer
I solemnly appeals do not be vindictive and go
in peace. And if your intentions are to take
advantage of the powerful nature of our items
for the purpose of evil, I will not have any
business with you please be advised. May
angels guide you. All inquiries should be
directed to the Priest Abija email below Email:
spirituallighthealing101@live.com or
you can sent a text message to this number:(518) 303-6207!