Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Life and Death

Ahhh Halloween. There is no time of year that more effectively makes me ponder the meaning of life....than zombie season. Something about watching a shotgun wielding hero brutally dismember of legions of the undead really makes me appreciate all small stuff -- my morning coffee, a sunrise, or not having evil demons posses my friends and family members for instance. Here's what I've been doing to get my zombie fix of late:

Walking Dead. This TV series is a very contemporary take on zombies and the problems they create. While sure, the story is set in a zombie infested wasteland, the zombies themselves are much less prominent than the characters and their drama. Less gore, more grappling with the psychological hardships of scrambling for survival in a dangerous place.

Contemplating attending the Zombie Pub Crawl. LivingSocial does these organized activities, where you sign up to partake in a cool experience. Imagine invading a bar dressed as a zombie (and with an army of the undead at your back), and taking to the dance floor for a night of shaking booty -- corpse style! Corny? Yes. Fun? Hell yes.

Going to Evil Dead the Musical. If you ever watched the glorious, gory-ious B-movie trilogy of Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness, then you'd absolutely love the stage adaptation. First off (and best off), it's a musical. Second, it absolutely nails the campy, B-movie flair that made the movies so popular. Boise Weekly wrote a great review of the production, so I won't bother doing the same. I don't recall ever seeing a stage production whereat a shit-eating grin was so thoroughly plastered across my face the entire time. Thanks Daisy's Madhouse -- you nailed it.



1 comment:

Bobby said...

Great posst thanks