Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Daylight Savings Time -- DON'T DO IT!

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME -- I SEE YOU, SNEAKING UP ON US LIKE THAT! DON'T THINK YOU'RE HIDING FROM US. I SEE YOU COMING, AND I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE PLANNING ON DOING, AND I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT!

Before you do anything drastic -- think this through. Do you really NEED to adjust our clocks so that it's dark before we get home from work? Can't we just leave things how they are?

Just look at it from my perspective, and the perspective of everybody who loves to exercise in the evening -- that extra hour of daylight is precious to us. We don't want it to get dark at 4:30 pm. Don't take away what which we hold dear. Let us keep our hour -- our measly little hour, just for a little while longer. Must you cast our lives into darkness so? I suppose your counter-offer of an extra hour of sleep is tempting, but NO -- the trade is not worth it!

Please Daylight Savings Time. I'm begging you.

2 comments:

Eli said...

If you ever ran a campaign with "no more daylight savings" as the only plank of your platform, I'm pretty sure you could win whichever office you set your sights on (says the guy who just ran an hour in the dark).

Gliderbison said...

Johnson for Class President: UP WITH DAYLIGHT, DOWN WITH SAVINGS TIME!