Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Onward and Upward, Doug.

So I've been magically whisked away from our villa overlooking Laguna Beach, and now find myself in Park City, Utah. Of course, when I say "magically whisked away" I mean I drove a rented Ford fucking Explorer all the fucking way here yesterday. So that was nice. We're here for the Tour of Utah -- something in between the Tour of Lovell and collegiate racing, but with a few faster guys.

As for the end of elite nationals, well that didn't go so well. I burned my matchbook trying to bring back the big breakaway of the day -- I didn't close the gap completely, but I brought it back close enough that two of my teammates were able to bridge across. I got dropped not long after that, but I felt satisfied -- that is, until both of my teammates in the breakaway got dropped, leaving us with nobody in the leading group. Then I wished I'd pulled a little harder. Oh well.

I'll leave you with a final picture of Doug, the magnificent pug.

No comments: