Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Time For Some Belated Shout-outs!!!

First, I have to give a shout-out to Dr. Steve Noble, of Noble Chiropractic in Bellingham, WA. Dr. Noble is one of our team's sponsors, and when it comes to treating acute injuries, he's a magician. I didn't make this public on my blog at the time, but three weeks ago today, the monday before I was set to go to the Tour of Walla Walla, I suffered a bizarre accident, and was totally incapacitated with back pain the next morning. From bed I called Dr. Noble's office and begged for a last-minute appointment. Several hours, a handful of Ibuprofen, and a very uncomfortable car ride up to Bellingham later, I was face-down on an exam table at Dr. Noble's office. I don't want to give away any of Dr. Noble's secrets, but let's just say that I was impressed with the array of treatments he was able to provide me. I left feeling much better, but still in a great deal of pain. I was worried -- if things didn't clear up before Friday, I wouldn't be able to race! I repeated the process the next day. By thursday I was on my way to Walla Walla, and my back felt much much better. While Walla Walla didn't go exactly as I'd hoped, my back didn't bother me at all, and by Cherry Blossom I felt 100%. What a quick turn around! Thank you Steve, you're a lifesaver!

Next up, I have a quick shout-out for my teammate Soren Petersen, who won the Devil's Punchbowl race in Southern California on Saturday the 24th of April. While me and the rest of the Cherry Blossom field were duking it out on the now-famed Orchard Run Circuit Race, Soren was tackling his own infamous and brutal circuit race. Devil's Punchbowl includes over 7,500' of climbing over 80 miles. Legend has it that Soren and Floyd Landis bridged a 5 minute gap to the front group, and Floyd was clearly heard asking Soren to "please slow down." Soren, my hat is off -- GliderBison salutes you!


Lastly, I have shout-outs for pretty much everyone I know who did Gila. I kind of wish I were there this year -- snowing for the Gila Monster? How sweet is that?!

No comments: