Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

We're GOING TO ASPEN!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS -- TEAM EXERGY HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY INVITED TO THE

We're going to participate in America's newest top level stage race! I've known for a few days now, but was sworn to secrecy -- well now the seal has been broken, and I'm free to climb to the highest hilltops of my blog and shout as loud as I can: WE'RE IN! Here's why I'm thrilled:

  • This race is point to point. That means we tour all over the state of Colorado -- a different start town, and finish town every day (except for the time trials)! We start in Colorado Springs, then basically go on a whirlwind tour of famous ski resort towns: Salida, Vale, Aspen, Crested Butte, Gunnison,  and Breckenridge. The race finishes, fittingly, in downtown Denver. 
  • This field is awesome! HTC, Garmin, Trek Leopard, BMC, Radioshack, Saxo Bank, Liquigas -- BRING 'EM ON! 
  • This is just the beginning. I love that we're getting to do a big new race in its first year. Hopefully this will be the start of a new pillar of American racing. Get excited everybody -- the more we pay attention to this year's race, the better the chances the race will continue into the future. It shouldn't be hard to follow along -- the race will be broadcast on Versus and NBC. 
  • Stage 2. Gunnison to Aspen. At 130 miles long, and cresting two separate 12,000 foot peaks (you read that right), this stage should be ahem.....as they say in French, le hard. Also, I've never been to Aspen, but I've always wanted to go. Somehow I always imagined I'd get there like this: 

2 comments:

Martin Criminale said...

Nice! It seems to me that your team has been invited to quite a few big races - pretty cool for a new team, eh?

cycloid said...

Sounds like American Flyers sequel time . . . "Bison Glider."

Good luck!