Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Email Gold!

I love it when a real zinger lands in your e-mail inbox. Like this morning for instance:


From: Drew 
Subject: D&D 

Any interest in getting back into it?

To which I quickly responded:

Dear sir, I can only assume that, given your choice to send such a brief message via e-mail, you take this matter seriously. Were this but a passing whim, you would have used the informal txt or facebook message -- but your e-mail, second only to carrier pigeon and telegraph in the weight it wields as a mode of communication, shall be treated with the utmost respect. Therefore, it is with no small amount of schoolchild-like giddiness, that I formally respond YES to your query. Your memo lacked certain points of clarity, but fear not, regardless of particulars, you can count me in. I advise us to acquire a copy of the latest edition of the Dungeon Master's Handbook, Players Handbook, and Monstrous Manual post haste.
Cordially yours, 
Krogg 
Level 1 Barbarian. Buffalo familiar. Two-handed double-bladed battle axe.



3 comments:

Martin Criminale said...

Hahahaha... oh man, did memories just come flooding back. I mean, "D&D"?! What's that?

Mary Topping said...

D&D to me, as a former East coaster, means only one thing: Dunkin' Donuts, AKA, yum.

IAN! said...

You are in good company. (if this doesn't come through, check out Karl's facebook photos). It took us 7 hours to just get our asses kicked by DM Jamie: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314791_525611240183_148200050_30725130_1285118912_n.jpg