Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Brad Neely -- I SALUTE YOU!

Things:
  • I like humor. 
  • I'm a bit of a nerd.
  • I like nerdy humor. 
  • I like humor that ridicules, yet glorifies nerdy stuff. 
  • I like Brad Neely's nerdy humor.

Exhibit A: 



Note: it's funnier if you've actually played Dungeons and Dragons, and funnier still if you've ever spent vast quantities of your time in a game shop playing Dungeons and Dragons with others.

Other things:
  • I like Harry Potter.
  • I like making fun of Harry Potter more than I like Harry Potter.
  • I really like Brad Neely's full length voice over for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 
Exhibit B: 



And here's exhibit C:



That was just a taste. The full experience requires that you download the feature length voice-over from here, and then get yourself a copy of the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone DVD. You play the DVD on mute, and sync up Neely's sound track (yes I've done this, thank you Ian Mensher). The process is a touch tedious, but willikers is it worth it! Neely is a poet and orator of the highest order, and his voice-over is 1,000 times more entertaining than the sound on the movie. Trust me, fans of humor, nerdy stuff, Harry Potter, or Brad Neely -- it will be time well-spent. 

No comments: