Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Well, I've gone and done it: I applied to graduate school -- and not only that, I've been accepted! This Fall, I'm going to start the MBA program at Boise State's College of Business and Economics. I've been inspired by other cyclist/students who have shown that it is indeed possible to manage their professional racing career while simultaneously pursuing higher education. It's not the most prestigious MBA in the world, but Boise State has a lot going for it: it's a good program, it's located in Boise (which is where I want to be), and it's very reasonably priced. Getting a business degree will prepare me well for my post-racing career. Not to scoff at my Whitman education, but my studio art degree hasn't exactly been paying my bills. Now let me be clear: I'm not doing this to detract from my racing career at all -- in fact the opposite. By nature I'm not the most structured person in the world. If left to my own devices, I've been known to fritter away my days making coffee, watching the Giro on TV, and updating my blog (exhibit A). I am really excited to get back into an academic environment again -- not just because I like learning, but also because I think school serves as an excellent tool for extracting the most from my time. I believe I will prepare better for my 2012 racing season in school than not. An un-structured off-season can be a dangerous thing indeed, so business school it is, and the structure it brings with it.




TRANSLATION BY KROGG: 

KROGG GO TO BUSINESS SCHOOL! Krogg inspired by other caveman who race bikes and go to school. Adrian do it, why not Krogg? Also, Krogg draw huge inspiration from Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer: 
For those not familiar, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer brilliant courtroom bravado now famous throughout legal world. See here: 


Krogg very excited to start school -- why? Because KROGG WANT LEARN! 

1 comment:

Martin Criminale said...

And again, way to go! No one should ever scoff at athletes that plan for the future.