Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chateau Exergy

Well our airplane-based travel adventure is over. We made it to the great state of South Carolina, and I even got to visit some family in Chicago last night. We stayed with my aunt, who lives just north of the city. I got to see my cousins for the first time in years, and my how they've grown -- the boys (Jake and Cody, who last I checked were small enough to easily wrestle at the same time), have grown into hulking mounds of muscle who could easily injure their fragile pro cyclist cousin is they wanted. Alexandra got her braces off and looks gorgeous. Staying with my aunt was works better than sleeping on a route of seats at the airport, plus after a day filled with security lines and layovers, a deep dish pizza, a beer, and a soak in the hot tub was exactly what we needed.

Today was sort of like a repeat of yesterday, only everything went slightly better: we woke up early (but not as early), out flight was delayed (but not for as long), and the we drive to or house. We have rented a house in a retirement community, and holy housing crisis, this thing is big, and filled with toys.








No comments: