Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things Going Great in Boise!

I am in bike riding heaven up here. The weather has been clear and cold (hovering just below thirty most of the day). I got my cross bike out of storage, and took my first cruise on the nearby trails. It was awesome -- swoopy, smooth single-track that went for miles and miles. I found out that I can hop on trails practically across the street that link up to the entire network of trails. Plus they're beautiful:



Today I took a nice loooong ride over to Horseshoe Bend, a town just north of Boise. Here more pictures:




YAAAA HOO.
This ride was long, it was hard, and it was cold. It was so cold, I decided to bust out the tights! I could tell it was cold because frost kept forming on any part of my clothing that wasn't in direct contact with my skin (namely my tights, specifically the region near my crotch). I also formed frost./ice on my mustache. You should have seen the look on the lady's face who worked at the gas station I stopped at -- she glanced at my frost-covered crotch, then at my icy mustache, and (kind of) suppressed a chuckle.

Oh, and I nearly ran over this guy on my way out the other morning:

No comments: